Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Reservoir Dogs


Doing posters for the works of Quentin Tarantino is a daunting task. Not necessarily because the movies lack anything visual to channel for a poster...not by a long shot. Quite the opposite really, the movies have SO MUCH going on as far little visual inside jokes and themes that just about everybody who decides to redesign posters ends up doing them eventually. So the creative well is running dry, you know?

But I think I did alright with this one. I'm kind of experimenting with different retro styles and I kind of wanted practice with that trippy 50's minimalism that you used to see in a lot of. The coffins...though you could accuse me of being spoilery...but get this: The movie takes place in a coffin factory or something. There are coffins all up in the background. So there you are haha double meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment